9.03.2010

sacramento events and attractions to look forward to: bourdain and crocker

i've been lagging on blogs thanks to the usual suspects... work and kids! i've also been spending more of my free time catching up on my reading and enjoying the last few weeks of summer. hope to be back with more substantial posts soon. meanwhile, here are a couple of cool things happening around town:

anthony bourdain is coming to sacramento! he'll be at the memorial auditorium on 9.17.2010. bourdain is definitely one of my favorite food-related celebrities. i don't follow him religiously, but i enjoy his show when i catch it. i won't be attending this one, though it certainly piqued my interest. here's a cool local interview with him from sacramento news & review.


the crocker art museum is reopening on 10.10.2010! by no means am i a fine art connoisseur, but i had the privilege of having a preview of the space thanks to work. the building itself is a work of art, designed by gwathmey siegel and associates and built by rudolph and sletten. i won't bore you with the technical details, but an amazing amount of coordination and craftsmanship above and beyond the typical design and construction of a building went into this expansion and renovation project.

1 comments:

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic said...

I'm a big, big fan of Anthony Bourdain! I'm thinking of buying his latest book, I'll let you know if I get around to it. Too bad you can't go to his event!

Related Posts with Thumbnails